Simucase is an application that allows students and professionals to practice their clinical skills in a virtual environment.
Planning & Research
- Working with the Simucase team and the lead developer, we formulated a plan to improve every detail of the application. It had great core functionality, but the feature set needed to be more engaging and provide an active learning experience that SLP instructors and students could rely on.
Project Needs Identified:
- New branding
- New layout and redesign
- Progress meters for each interview section
- Live feedback based on user actions
- Better evaluation presentation
- Clipboard redesign and interactivity
Overall, a fresh new design, progress meters for each step in the patient interview process, automatic flash positive/negative feedback, and an interactive clipboard all add to the usability and usefulness of this application, which is now used in over 230 institutions nationwide.